Sunday, January 23, 2011

Korean Birthday Soup!

Yesterday was a special day for my dad. It was his birthday.
I can't remember the last time we celebrated my dad's birthday with so much food and with so much love from our friends. It was heart-warming to see my dad's face lit up and simply laugh with his friends and enjoy the long and memorable day of his birth. Our whole dining room even felt different too, almost illuminated by all of us.
So, with that I was happy to present a traditional Korean birthday soup, Miyeok-guk, which is Korean seaweed soup. 


 *bowl of rice, Miyeok-guk, gaenip, baby potatoes, dongchimi (white "kimchi"), and chonggak kimchi (the red one). *
(Miyeok-guk  is made to have it on a birthday to remind the person of their mother's hard work and simply to say thank you to the parents).

Miyeok-guk was part of the food that was presented yesterday. 


-Michelle Kwak ^(-.-)^

No comments:

Post a Comment