Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Grandpas's Shrimp

Me and my grandpa were very close. :) He taught me how to ride a bike and to always be a good kid. He was  my shadow and always made sure I was happy. Before my grandpa past away he always asked for a shrimp cocktail and I remember being a little girl and going to town and getting him a shrimp cocktail and bringing it back to his house for him to eat. He loved me for that. Nobody would pay attention to him because he was 90 years old and you can say that his sons and daughters were waiting for some inheritance money. I didn't care I always took care of him. So one day I made shrimp and added bell peppers, red, green, orange, and threw in onion, celery,potatoes,cilantro,tomato,and made the most delicious dish. I know my grandpa would be so proud of me if he was here. That is why I made that shrimp dish just for him.
- Cynthia Cruz

No comments:

Post a Comment