Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What the NHL really stands for!

NHL doesn't actually stand for the National Hockey League it stands for the Never Hungry League! My father is involved with a team in the league. I get to go to a lot of the games, most are at around 7 so dinner time. I usually get there around 6:30 and head on down to the board room (a meeting room they turn into a lounge area for executives and there family during games). This place is stocked with drinks (non alcoholic), salad, cheese and crackers, soup, meat, poultry, and some sort of pasta or rice. They also have popcorn, peanuts and and some trail mix. So I grab a plate or two before heading up to my seat. I'll usually watch the first and second periods then head back down to maybe grab a little more meat and past and take some popcorn back up to finish the third period. After the game they section off the seating area in the bar on the club level so that the players, executives and there families can get something to eat after the game. This is a feast more chicken, meat, veg, soup, multiple salads, fruit, cheese crackers, and a whole table of dessert. Needless to say I make a very long visit to the gym the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment