Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sweets for the sweet tooth

I had a craving for cupcakes yesterday, so I decided to visit one of my favorite cupcake store....DOTS! Many of you might be familiar with this store already but if you are not, let me just say...you are definitely missing out!! hehehe...

For those of you that adore cupcakes.... oh trust me, you're going to be in love with Dots Cupcake. As you walk pass the store, you will see a bunch of cupcakes displayed by the glass window. The store's color scheme is pink and brown (so adorable!) meaning it is quite a girly store but who cares? Most people go to this store for the cupcakes, and I have seen a couple of guys buy cupcakes as well. 

There are two Dots Cupcake store branches but the one that I went to was the one near the Colorado and Fair Oaks cross street in Old Town Pasadena. They also have one in Arroyo Parkway, which I did not know about until my sister told me.

So I went inside the store, looked around, and bought four different kinds of cupcakes. Yuuuuum! I have to be completely honest, another reason why I love to buy cupcakes from this store is because of the boxes that the cupcakes go into. Have a look...


Even from any angle, it looks so darn cute!


I originally had planned to eat this with my sister, who I was suppose to pick up from her school right after I went in to the store, but I could not resist to take a peek inside the box. So I opened it and, boy oh boy, those cupcakes never looked better.


I kid you not, it was hard to resist the temptation to those heavenly cupcakes right away but i managed to do so. Since I know that my sister will dig right in to them when she sees it, I decided to take pictures right away to show you guys the beauty of each of these cupcakes.


Let me introduce you to the "mostess". It is an imitation of the hostess snack cakes in a cupcake version. 


Is this cupcake so cute or what? :)


Now, you must be wondering what flavor this cupcake is. Well, besides its obvious color combination, this is a strawberry lemon cupcake. So simple, but so delicious! 
Let's not forget how pretty it is too!


And so, my sister ate it. :)


Mmmm...mmmm..good!


How nice of my sister to leave me a piece. You probably could not tell from this picture, but the cupcake actually had a strawberry filling in it. It was delish!


Mint Chocolate Chip! The name speaks for itself. A delicious combination of chocolate and mint, who doesn't love that? Oh, I love those little chocolate pearls. It's so darling! 


Since my sister and I both wanted a piece, I sliced it fair and square.

Sharing is caring!


Last, but not the least...(drum roll please)

The delectable Crunchy Hazelnut Chocolate!

Ok, so I'm not so sure if that is the real name but from what I can recall, it sounded something like that...hehehe!

You know what this cupcake reminds me of? Yup, that's right! NUTELLA! :)
And yes, it does have a 'chocolate hazelnut' spread inside the cupcake, as well as on the top. The crunchy hazelnut on top makes this cupcake fun to eat!


Of course, my sister could not wait to dig into this yummy goodness.


Would you like some? :)

So the next time you want to satisfy your sweet tooth, you can consider buying some Dots cupcakes as one of your choices.

For more information about Dots Cupcake, you can go to their site at www.dotscupcakes.com


Thanks for reading this post! Have a wonderful day and treat yourself with something sweet. 
You deserve it :)

- Jena Crisostomo -

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I just adore Dots. I have used them many times to provide desserts for my private events (when I just am not into making sweets myself!) Great pics. You included my fav--chocolate mint. Must stop by on the way home tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete